1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground pork
1.5 tsp Morton and Bassett Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Morton and Bassett Onion Powder
1 tsp Morton and Bassett Garlic Powder
1 tsp Morton and Bassett Paprika
¼ tsp Morton and Bassett Fennel Seeds
¼ tsp Morton and Bassett Red Chili Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 slices of no sugar added bacon, sliced into ½” pieces
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 roughly chopped garlic cloves
1 qt of chicken stock
- 4 medium yellow potatoes, diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ bunch kale, chopped
- In a skillet add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer add in the ground pork and spices. Cook and stir until just slightly pink and set aside.
- In a stock pot or dutch oven, cook bacon until crispy. Remove and set aside. Do not remove the bacon fat.
- Saute onions and chopped garlic in the bacon fat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour in chicken stock, gently scraping up residual bacon bits and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in potatoes. Cook until fork tender, 15-20 mins depending on size.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add in the cooked sausage and coconut milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in kale and bacon just before serving. Enjoy!