Spring Veggie Risotto
- 4 cups broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 2 inch pieces
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups dry white arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Garlic Powder
½ teaspoon Morton & Bassett Thyme
¼ teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- In a saucepan, add broth, plus 4 cups of water. Bring to a soft boil over medium high heat, then let simmer on medium low while making risotto.
In a skillet, add olive oil and asparagus and saute for 5 minutes. Add chopped onion and garlic, saute for another 5 minutes, then add dry rice. Allow rice to slightly toast. Add white wine, and cook until absorbed, about 2-3 minutes, then add zucchini.
Add broth to the skillet, 2 ladles at a time. Stir the risotto frequently, until all the broth has been absorbed. Repeat this for 10-12 minutes at a consistent simmer. Note: there may be leftover broth.
- When the rice is creamy, but al-dente, reduce heat to low. Add 2 final ladles of broth, plus grated cheese, M&B Garlic Powder, M&B Thyme, M&B Ground White Pepper, and salt. Stir well until fully combined. Finish with lemon zest and grated cheese on top.