Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 7 pound pork shoulder bone-in or boneless
2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Garlic Powder
2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Onion Powder
2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Chili Powder
2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Ground Cumin
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Paprika
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup broth, plus ⅓ cup
- 2 cups barbeque sauce, plus ½ cup
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 brioche buns
- 2 cups of coleslaw for topping
Cut the pork shoulder into 5-6 smaller pieces. Set aside in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix M&B Garlic Powder, M&B Onion Powder, M&B Chili Powder, M&B Ground Cumin, M&B Paprika, M&B Coarse Ground Black Pepper, and salt. Sprinkle over the pork until well coated.
- In an Instant Pot, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Turn on to the “saute” setting. When the pot is hot, add the pork 1-2 pieces at a time. Sear until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes then remove from the Instant Pot and set aside.
Deglaze the Instant Pot by adding ⅓ cup of broth while still hot.
In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup of broth, barbeque sauce, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Return the browned pork to the Instant Pot and top with barbeque mixture. Set to manual high pressure, and cook for 40 minutes, then let fully vent.
- Remove from the Instant Pot and shred with two forks. Add ½ cup barbeque sauce, if desired, and mix. Add to a brioche bun and top with coleslaw.