Spicy Fried Tofu Appetizer
- 2 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Red Chili Flakes
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 containers of extra firm tofu
- 1-2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 chopped scallion for garnish
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
In a large pan, heat 1/4-1/2 inch deep veggie oil. Get it hot and shimmering.
- Slice tofu into 1 inch chunks, and add to oil - let it fry til it's brown and feels somewhat crispy (15-20 minutes).
- Remove from oil, place into bowl, and toss with spicy sauce until well coated. Garnish with scallion and enjoy as either an app, side, or over rice as an entree!