Shiitake & Pepper Stir Fry
- 1 leek, cut in half, washed and sliced into half-moons
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 generous cup of sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
1/4 of a serrano pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 package Chinese egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Fresh cilantro and scallions for garnish
- 2 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Sesame Seeds
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoon sambal or sriracha
1 lime zest and juice from 1/2 lime
For the Sauce:
Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and cool.
In a mixing bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
Heat a saute pan on medium high and add the oil, garlic powder, ginger powder, cinnamon, and leeks. Saute until translucent, then add the red pepper strips and saute for 30 seconds until adding in the shiitake mushrooms. Cook together until tender. Mix in 1 tablespoon of the sauce.
Add in your cooked noodles and the remaining sauce, sesame oil, and toss together. Squeeze the remaining lime juice, continue tossing, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Once well combined and cooked, serve and garnish with cilantro, scallion, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!