- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups peeled seeded & chopped plum tomatoes
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Chopped Garlic
2 Morton & Bassett Bay Leaves
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled & deveined
2 tablespoons flour,
mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
- 6 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
Morton & Bassett Cayenne Pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
1 cup of water
In a large saute pan, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and cayenne. Stir in the peppers and celery. Saute for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables start to wilt.
- Stir in the tomatoes and garlic, saute for 2 minutes longer. Season the vegetables with salt and cayenne.
Stir in the water and bay leaves. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the shrimp and saute for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the flour mixture and simmer for 2 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken. Stir in the green onions. Check the seasoning.
- To assemble, mound the rice in the center of each plate. Spoon the Shrimp Creole over the rice. Garnish with green onions.