Sesame-Crusted Pork Wontons
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
1/2 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Ginger Powder
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Garlic Powder
1/3 cup Morton & Bassett Sesame Seeds
- 1 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup chopped green onions
(the white parts only)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 package of square wonton wrappers
In large mixing bowl, combine pork, kale, carrots, shiitakes, garlic powder, ginger powder, whites of green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Mix well using your hands.
Scoop small spoonfuls into the center of each wonton wrapper. Using a bowl of water, wet your finger and run it along the edges of your wonton wrapper. Fold corner to corner, then fold the two longest points in together.
- Once wontons are all built, dip them one by one in the water, then into the sesame seeds to give them a crust on one side.
- In a large pan, pour a small amount of sesame oil and bring it to medium heat.
Once oil is hot, place the wontons sesame side down in the pan, giving them a good 3-5 minutes of sizzling until they are golden brown on one side. Flip them over and cook 3-5 minutes on the other side.
- Add 1/3 cup water to the pan (careful, this will create a big sizzle). Cover the pan with a tight lid and let the wontons steam for about 10-15 minutes, until the water dissipates and they appear crisp.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce and some fresh scallions on top!