Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- In another bowl combine sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry one and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- Pour into the cupcake tray that has been prepared with cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, combine powdered sugar, butter, and maple syrup and mix thoroughly using a hand mixer..
- Frost the cupcakes once they have cooled completely and sprinkle with a dusting pumpkin pie spice.