- 4 peaches, sliced thin (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup raw granulated sugar (divided)
½ Teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 1 stick of chilled, unsalted butter (8 Tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Thinly slice peaches and line into a 9x13 lightly greased baking pan. Sprinkle half the sugar evenly over peaches and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, spices, baking powder and salt. Stir in butter until pea-sized balls form and pour in milk and mix until consistency is even and dough like.
Using a spatula spoon batter over tops of peaches. Set in the oven for 40 minutes until the crust appears slightly golden.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes or serve immediately with ice cream.