Lemon Poppyseed Loaf
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Poppy Seeds
- 2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
2/3 cup whole milk
1/3 cup full fat greek yogurt
1 lemon - juiced and zested
- 4 lemon slices, cut very thin
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon whole milk
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9X4 pan with melted butter or cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the baking powder, salt, Poppy Seeds, and flour.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, vegetable oil, egg, whole milk, yogurt, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently until just combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin, top with lemon slices, and bake for 50-55 minutes, covering with tinfoil about halfway through to avoid burning the top. Let the loaf cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and whole milk. Drizzle over the cooled loaf and serve.