Easy Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken, diced
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Cumin
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained
- 8 large tortillas
3 1/2 cups shredded cheese (mexican blend or cheddar)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped roughly
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
3 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
To make the enchilada sauce, combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Heat olive oil in a saucepan, Once hot, add flour mixture, it should sizzle. Whisk constantly for 1 minute, then add tomato paste and broth, still whisking constantly. Simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and is smooth. Remove from heat and add vinegar and season generously with salt and pepper.
To make the enchiladas, Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large pan, add olive oil and onions (reserving a handful of onions for garnish). Saute for 3 minutes, then add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and cumin. Saute for 6-8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Add black beans and remove from heat.
- Grease a 9X5 baking dish. Assemble the enchiladas by spreading a large spoonful of enchilada sauce on top of a tortilla, a large spoonful of the chicken and bean mixture, and a handful of cheese, roll up. Repeat until all 8 tortillas have been filled and packed snuggly into the baking dish, seam side down, Add the remaining enchilada sauce, and cheese to the top. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes and serve topped with cilantro and the remaining red onions.