Easy Apple Crisp
- 12 apples cored and cut into wedges
¾ cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
3 or 4 pods of Morton & Bassett Star Anise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a greased baking sheet with a rim.
- Put apple slices in a bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the brown sugar. Toss together and add 1/2 cup flour mixing in well. Place apples on baking sheet.
- Place the other 1/2 cup of flour into a separate bowl. Cut butter into small pieces, add the rest of the cinnamon, oats, walnuts, maple syrup, cloves, vanilla extract and salt. Cover apples with mixture.
- Bake in the oven 45 to 50 minutes or until fruit mixture is bubbly.
- Garnish with star anise.