Citrus Salad with Herbed Salmon
- 1 lb salmon, sliced into 4 filets
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives, green onion, and dill work well!)
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett White Sesame Seeds
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Black Sesame Seeds
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Chili Flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon citrus zest (orange, grapefruit, lemon or a mix works well!)
- ½ cup fresh citrus juice (orange, grapefruit, lemon or a mix works well!)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large head radicchio, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large grapefruit, sliced and peel removed
- 2 oranges or blood oranges, sliced and peel removed
Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pat the salmon dry with paper towels and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Arrange the salmon with herbs and lemon slices, and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chili flakes.
Place the salmon in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked to desired doneness.
Make the dressing: combine the olive oil, citrus zest and juice, mustard, honey, and sea salt in a small bowl or jar. Whisk or shake well until fully combined. Set aside until ready to serve.
Divide the radicchio and citrus among 4 dinner plates. Top each with a piece of salmon, and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with extra herbs, sesame seeds, and/or chili flakes, if desired.