Jerk-Spiced Mushroom Sliders
- ¼ head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded or julienned
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Juice and zest of 2 limes, divided
- 1 lb oyster or maitake mushrooms, torn
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Jerk Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slider buns
- For garnish: cilantro, pineapple salsa or grilled pineapple, optional
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix together the cabbage, carrots, cilantro, coconut sugar, apple cider vinegar, and the juice and zest of one lime. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
In a separate bowl, drizzle the mushrooms with jerk seasoning, soy sauce, and olive oil. Toss to coat.
Spread the mushrooms onto the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes, or until tender.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice and lime zest. Set aside.
Remove the mushrooms from the oven. Toast the slider buns, if desired.
To assemble sliders: spread the base of each bun with the lime mayonnaise, then top with mushrooms, slaw, cilantro, and pineapple salsa or grilled pineapple, if using.