Baked Ziti with Sausage
- 12 ounces ziti pasta
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 large chopped onion
2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Chopped Garlic
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
1 1/2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett Granulated Onion with Parsley
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 8 ounce package mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 350°. Make ziti pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- In a large skillet at medium high heat, combine onion, garlic, and pancetta and saute for 3 minutes. Add sausage and cook for 5 or 6 minutes until sausage is no longer pink. Add wine, tomatoes, basil and pepper, reduce heat to low and stir occasionally for 3 minutes.
Stir in mozzarella and ricotta into hot cooked pasta. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Pour in pasta mix and put sausage mixture on top. Add parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 20 - 30 minutes and serve.