Berry Studded Almond Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Pure Almond Extract
- 1 1/2 cups assorted blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries, plus more for garnish
- Ice cream for serving
1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9 inch round baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients together until thoroughly combined. Make a well in the center and add milk, eggs, oil and Pure Almond Extract.
- Whisk to combine the wet ingredients, then with a wooden spoon,stir everything together being careful not to over-mix. Fold berries into the mixture and pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.