Almond Chocolate Mousse
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 ounces dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Almond Extract
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream to a low simmer, whisking constantly. Add chocolate and allow it to melt completely. Place the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream into a medium mixing bowl and whisk vigorously by hand (or with an electric mixer)until soft peaks emerge. Reserve, 1/2 cup for topping, cover and transfer to the refrigerator. Continue to whip the remaining cream until stiff peaks emerge.
- Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture, working quickly until everything is incorporated. Transfer to serving vessels and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until firm.
- Serve topped with reserved whipped cream and chocolate flakes or chopped nuts.