Vegan Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 can black beans
- ? cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Morton & Bassett New Mexico Chile
- ½ teaspoon Morton & Bassett Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Morton & Bassett Cayenne
- I lime
- ½ jalapeno, sliced
- 6-10 small flour or corn tortillas
- ½ an avocado
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- Cilantro for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Toss cubed sweet potato chunks with 1 tablespoon olive oil, Cayenne, and New Mexico Chile.
Layer evenly onto baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flip, then bake for 20 minutes more.
In a small pot, sautee the chopped red onion and remaining olive oil. Once caramelized, add in the Cumin and the can of black beans, stirring over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Warm the tortillas in a skillet and build your tacos starting with the black beans as the base, then sweet potatoes, and top with jalapenos, avocado, cherry tomatoes, radishes, and cilantro.
Serve with a lime wedge and enjoy!