Winter Kale & White Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-4 carrots, cut into small half rounds
1/2 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Oregano
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Fine Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can white beans, drained
1/2 bunch lacinato kale, torn into small pieces
In a large pot, add olive oil, garlic, onion, carrots, oregano, pepper and salt. Sauté.
- on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes until carrots start to soften. Add vegetable broth and beans, bring to a simmer.
- Add pieces of kale and remove from heat. The kale should wilt slightly but still be bright in color.
- Serve warm with bread and/or parmesan cheese for topping.