Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into fries
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Paprika
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Dill
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 large container of mixed greens
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Feta cheese for topping
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
Start by making some pickled red onions - place onions in a bowl. Over medium heat, combine the red wine vinegar, water, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a pan. Once simmering, pour the liquid over the onions in the bowl and let sit for 30 minutes.
- On a baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with half the olive oil, the paprika, garlic powder, and dill. Once well coated, roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a small bowl, make your dressing: combine the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, and honey. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Build the salad with a base of mixed greens, cucumber, pickled red onions, feta, and top with sweet potatoes. Drizzle the dressing on top and enjoy!