Sesame Ginger Salmon
- 1 large filet of salmon
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- A dozen shiitakes, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the Marinade
In a small bowl, mix up all the marinade ingredients and then drizzle over salmon filet on a baking sheet, skin side down. Use foil to limit salmon skin clean up later!
- Bake the salmon at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Check regularly to make sure it’s not overcooking! You’ll know it’s done when the thickest part of the salmon is 115-125 degrees for a more rare cook, or 125-140 degrees for a more well done cook.
- While the salmon is baking, sautee your leek and shiitakes with a drizzle of sesame oil and some salt and pepper. Cook for 10-15 minutes until your leeks become soft, and serve with your salmon as a flavor enhancing side. Enjoy!