- 3 dozen small clams (~2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped and divided
Large pinch of Morton & Bassett Saffron Threads
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fill a large bowl with tap water and soak clams for 20-25 minutes. Drain and rinse and scrub off any remaining dirt/sand.
Add the oil to a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Once heated, stir in the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Add butter and saffron. Once the butter is melted, add the wine, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Add the clams and cover the pot. Steam the clams until they have opened – this will take 7-10 minutes. Make sure to give the pan several gentle shakes while they are cooking.
- Sprinkle the remaining fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread. Enjoy!