Roasted Turkey with Spice Rub
- Whole turkey (10-18 pounds ideally)
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Fine Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Oranges, Pomegranate
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a small bowl whisk together black pepper, chili powder, parsley, ginger, onion powder, and salt. Rinse and dry your turkey, for best results, use kitchen twine to *truss the turkey. Place on a roasting rack, in a roasting pan, breast side up. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with the spice mixture making sure to thoroughly cover the entire bird. Cover loosely with tinfoil.3.Roast the turkey for 13 minutes for each pound of turkey, or 15 minutes per pound if the turkey is stuffed. Occasionally baste the turkey with juices from the pan. It is done when an oven thermometer registers at least 165F in the turkey thigh. Let sit for 15 minutes before carving.
*To truss a turkey place a long piece of twine underneath the turkey's back, Bring the twine up to tuck the wings close to the body, cross the pieces of twine, and finally tie the legs together with the twine to hold everything in place.