Ginger Candied Yams with Pecans
- 2 pounds yams or sweet potatoes, sliced into rounds about 1/2 inch
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Cinnamon
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Ginger
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky finishing salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
Toss sliced yams with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
In a small saucepan, heat honey, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Stir until everything is thoroughly combined. About two minutes, then remove from heat.
- Using a pastry brush, cover the yams with the honey mixture, then flip them over and do the same on the other side. Sprinkle with the pecans and continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Serve sprinkled with flaky salt.