Skip to content
- Begin by using a peeler to remove the skins from the pears before cooking.
- In a medium pot combine the red wine, sugar, cinnamon stick, star anise, vanilla extract, orange juice, and orange peel.
- Cook on medium heat to dissolve the sugar for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the liquid to a simmer and add in the pears. Cook for 40 mins, rotating pears throughout the cooking process (this will insure a nice even red color).
- Using a ladle, gently remove pears from the liquid and serve.