Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 3 bell peppers
1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion - diced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 1 can diced green chilis
1 tsp Morton & Bassett Cumin
1 tsp Morton & Bassett Chili Powder
1 tsp Morton & Bassett Onion Powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the tops of bell peppers off, scoop out the seeds and as much of the membrane as possible.
Heat oil in skillet on medium heat and cook onions for about 5 minutes or until soft and translucent.
Add garlic and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook, breaking up into pieces, until browned.
Add rice, tomato sauce, green chili's, garlic and all seasonings. Cook for 5 minutes until fully incorporated.
- Stuff peppers with ground turkey mixture and cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Top peppers with cheese and broil for a few minutes or until cheese is nice and melty. Enjoy!