Mexican Chicken Tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast meat
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Black Pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett Chopped Garlic
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Oregano
Morton & Bassett Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 diced tomato
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup pre-made salsa
- Cube chicken meat and saute in a pan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add lime juice, sugar, pepper, salt, green onions, garlic, cayenne pepper and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes or so.
- Heat an iron skillet at medium heat. Warm a tortilla in the pan, turning over to heat both sides.
- Serve chicken mixture in a warm tortilla and top with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.