Jamaican Jerk Chicken
2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Chopped Garlic
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Ground Allspice
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Thyme
1 1/2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett Cayenne Pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett Ground Black Pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett Sage
3/4 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped finely
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 5 lbs skinless chicken pieces (on the bone)
- In a large casserole with a lid, combine all ingredients except chicken.
Add chicken, stirring to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour up to 24 hours. Bake at 350° for one hour OR drain and barbecue.
- Serve with steamed white rice.