Ginger Molasses Cookies with White Chocolate & Peppermint
2 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Ginger
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3 teaspoons peppermint candy, chopped into small pieces
Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add in an egg, vanilla extract and molasses and mix. Then add in flour mixture and mix again on low speed until just combined.
- Place spoonful size cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes and let the cookies cool on cooling racks.
- In a medium bowl melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave in 10 second intervals. Dip the cookies into the chocolate and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle with peppermint candy and let cool before serving.