Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 pound fusilli pasta, or your favorite variety
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, cut into small slices
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups celery," diced
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 5 cups chicken or veggie broth
- Morton & Bassett Bay Leaves
- 1/2 lemon", squeezed
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and garlic, simmer for 2 minutes then add onions, carrots, parsley and salt. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add celery and shredded chicken and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add broth, 3 cups of water, and bay leaves. Bring to a low simmer and let cook for 10 minutes. (If you prefer a soup with more broth, you can add additional broth or water at any point and salt to taste at the end.
- Meanwhile, bring another pot of water to boil and cook pasta per package directions. Drain pasta and add to the soup. Remove bay leaves, lemon, and serve immediately.