Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 7 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Oregano
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Basil
1/2 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Thyme
1/2 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Garlic Powder
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut in half
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a 9 x 13 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, or grease with butter.
- Whisk egg and water together in a bowl.
Combine panko, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, thyme and garlic powder in a separate bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture. Coat each piece with the panko mixture. Place chicken pieces in the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Then pour spaghetti sauce over each chicken breast and top with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake for 15 minutes more until the cheeses are melted, and the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.