Winter Kale & White Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-4 carrots, cut into small half rounds
- ½ tablespoon Morton & Bassett Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Fine Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can white beans, drained
- ½ bunch lacinato kale, torn into small pieces
In a large pot, add olive oil, garlic, onion, carrots, oregano, pepper and salt. Sauté on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes until carrots start to soften. Add vegetable broth and beans, bring to a simmer.
Add pieces of kale and remove from heat. The kale should wilt slightly but still be bright in color.
Serve warm with bread and/or parmesan cheese for topping.