Tri Tip Steak with Tangy Chimichurri
- 1 large filet tri tip steak (about 2-2.5 pounds)
3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Fine Ground Black Pepper
4 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Chimichurri
- Assorted veggies (red onion, zucchini, corn, tomatoes, peppers)
- In a large bowl or rimmed baking pan, coat steak in 1/2 cup olive oil and salt and fine ground black pepper on both sides. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to a few hours in the fridge.
- In a small bowl, mix chimichurri, with vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water. Let sit for about 10 minutes to rehydrate. Then add 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Preheat the grill to medium/high heat and cook steak about 8-10 minutes on each side until desired doneness. About 15 minutes total for medium and 20 minutes for well done.
- After removing from the grill, let the steak sit for 5 minutes before slicing(against the grain) and serving topped with chimichurri sauce. Great paired with grilled veggies like red onion, zucchini, corn, tomatoes or peppers.