Skip to content
Strawberry Almond Scones with Vanilla Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- Add butter and using your hands (or a pastry cutter) incorporate butter into the flour mixture until it resembles very small pebbles.
- Make a well in the center of the flour/butter mixture and add heavy cream, vanilla extract and almond extract, mix everything together until a dough forms.
- Transfer to a floured surface and pat into a thick disk. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and cut into 8 scones with a large knife. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle with frosting once cooled slightly and serve.