Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
¼ cup Morton & Bassett Poppy Seeds
1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
½ cup sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Lemon Peel
For the Lemon Syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, lemon zest, and poppy seeds.
- Add in buttermilk, vanilla, eggs, and whisk together until batter is well combined.
- On a hot griddle, melt the butter and drip about ¼ cup of batter per pancake. Once cooked on one side, about 5 minutes, flip and cook on the other side about 3-5 minutes until pancakes are fully cooked.
- To make the lemon syrup, combine the sugar, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a saucepan on medium high heat. Stir until fully combined and melted and a syrupy consistency.
- Drizzle the pancakes with the lemon syrup.