- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Morton & Bassett ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
For the Frosting
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon Morton & Bassett vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Flour and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix oil, sugar and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and ½ cup cocoa into the sugar mixture. Add zucchini and nuts. Mix well, and then spread evenly into the baking pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until brownies spring back when touched.
Melt together the butter and 6 tablespoons cocoa. Let cool, then add confectioners sugar, vanilla and milk. Stir well and spread onto brownies. Cut into squares.