Tangy Baked Beans
- 1 lb dried navy beans (soak overnight)
- 8 oz thick cut bacon
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Yellow Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Vanilla Powder
- ? cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper
Soak beans in 10 cups of water overnight. After a full 8+ hours of soaking, drain off beans and add in a fresh 10 cups of water and simmer for an hour. Reserve bean water after cooking.
Preheat the oven to 325F.
In a dutch oven or roasting pan, cook off bacon. Saute onions in bacon fat until translucent.
Add in garlic powder, ground yellow mustard, paprika, vanilla powder and stir together before adding in the maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Once well combined, add in 2 cups of the bean cooking liquid.
Stir the cooked beans into the pot. Cover and bake in the oven for 2-3 hours. Cook until beans are fork tender and the sauce has thickened. Enjoy!