Strawberry Almond Scones with Vanilla Glaze
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons very cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Almond Extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Preheat the oven to 400F.
In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
Add butter and using your hands (or a pastry cutter) incorporate butter into the flour mixture until it resembles very small pebbles.
Make a well in the center of the flour/butter mixture and add heavy cream, vanilla extract and almond extract, mix everything together until a dough forms.
Transfer to a floured surface and pat into a thick disk. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and cut into 8 scones with a large knife. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Meanwhile whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle with frosting once cooled slightly and serve.