Mini Apple Tarts
- 6, 5’’ x 5’’ sheets of puff pastry (or two large sheets cut into 5’’ x 5’’ squares)
- 4-5 large apples, sliced very thin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar (or turbinado sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Morton & Bassett Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 375F
Unfreeze puff pastry if frozen, and place the puff pastry squares on a parchment lined baking sheet (or two baking sheets if needed)
Brush each pastry square with the beaten egg mixture. Place small groups of fanned out sliced apples into the center of each pastry square, only leaving a small border on each square.
Sprinkle each square with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Bake for 17-20 minutes until the crusts are golden brown.