Holiday Tarragon Clementine Chicken
- ½ cup olive oil
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces (thighs, wings, breasts) - about 12
- About 10 clementines
- 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Tarragon
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Italian Seasoning
- 2 small white onions, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Start by making the sauce. Combine the following in a mixing bowl and whisk together until well mixed:
3 tablespoons clementine juice
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons grainy mustard
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon Tarragon
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
½ cup olive oil
Slice about 8 clementines into small rounds and line the bottom of a large roasting pan with them.
Place chicken pieces on top of clementine slices. Spread them out evenly.
In the spaces between the chicken, add in more clementine slices and the onion quarters.
Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken and roast in the oven for about 45 minutes until chicken is crisp. If you want the skins to be extra crispy, broil for about 2 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!