Ginger Molasses Cookies with White Chocolate & Peppermint
- 2 ? cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Ginger
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons peppermint candy, chopped into small pieces
Preheat the oven to 325 F.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.
In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed.
Add in an egg, vanilla extract and molasses and mix. Then add in flour mixture and mix again on low speed until just combined.
Place spoonful size cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes and let the cookies cool on cooling racks.
In a medium bowl melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave in 10 second intervals. Dip the cookies into the chocolate and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle with peppermint candy and let cool before serving.