Easy Apple Crisp
- 12 apples cored and cut into wedges
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 or 4 pods of Morton & Bassett star anise
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a greased baking sheet with a rim.
Put apple slices in a bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the brown sugar. Toss together and add ½ cup flour mixing in well. Place apples on baking sheet.
Place the other ½ cup of flour into a separate bowl. Cut butter into small pieces, add the rest of the cinnamon, oats, walnuts, maple syrup, cloves, vanilla extract and salt. Cover apples with mixture.
Bake in the oven 45 to 50 minutes or until fruit mixture is bubbly.
Garnish with star anise.