Crispy Thanksgiving Stuffing
- 1 loaf of dried French or Italian artisan bread, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 stick butter
- 1.5 cups celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Granulated Onion with Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Sage
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Morton & Bassett Fine Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 large eggs
Preheat oven to 250F. Place cubed bread pieces onto a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. This is to dry the bread so it doesn’t turn mushy. With the full stick of butter, saute the onions and celery on medium-high heat for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, mix the baked bread pieces with the onions and celery. Add the granulated onion, sage, rosemary, thyme, and pepper, as well as one cup of chicken stock. Mix well. In separate bowl, mix the eggs with the remaining cup of chicken stock. Use a whisk so it is well blended.
In a baking dish, spread bread mixture evenly and pour egg mixture over top
Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes, until the middle is set and the top is golden brown.