Blackened Shrimp Bowls
- 1 lb shelled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1 ½ teaspoons Morton & Bassett Blackened Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons salsa verde (see Morton & Bassett recipe)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 limes - zest and juice of one, and one for garnish
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 bunch radishes, chopped
- 1 can black beans
- 1-2 ears of corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ a white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- Cilantro for garnish
Mix together the salsa verde, honey, blackened seasoning, lime zest, and lime juice from one lime.
Toss shrimp in marinade and coat well. Set aside for 30 mins in the fridge.
Cook rice according to directions.
Cut corn kernels from the cobs, and saute kernels over medium high heat in a pan with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Cook corn until nicely charred. Set aside and do the same with the tomatoes, and then the black beans.
Cook shrimp with all marinade in pan over medium heat. Sear on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Cook until orange in color, no more than 6 minutes total.
Arrange your bowls with rice on bottom, and radishes, beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, shrimp, and cilantro on top. Drizzle with a little more salsa verde and serve with limes!