Baked Ziti with Sausage
- 12 ounces ziti pasta
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett chopped garlic
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup torn fresh basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons Morton & Bassett granulated onion with parsley
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 8 ounce package mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Morton & Bassett black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make ziti pasta according to package directions for al dente.
In a large skillet at medium high heat, combine onion, garlic, and pancetta and saute for 3 minutes. Add sausage and cook for 5 or 6 minutes until sausage is no longer pink. Add wine, tomatoes, basil and pepper, reduce heat to low and stir occasionally for 3 minutes.
Stir in mozzarella and ricotta into hot cooked pasta. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Pour in pasta mix and put sausage mixture on top.
Add parmesan cheese.