Baked Chicken Parmesan
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 7 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett oregano
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett basil
- ½ teaspoon Morton & Bassett thyme
- ½ teaspoon Morton & Bassett garlic powder
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut in half
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9 x 13 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, or grease with butter.
Whisk egg and water together in a bowl. Combine panko, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, thyme and garlic powder in a separate bowl.
Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture. Coat each piece with the panko mixture. Place chicken pieces in the baking dish.
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Then pour spaghetti sauce over each chicken breast and top with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
Bake for 15 minutes more until the cheeses are melted, and the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.