Spring Beet Soup
- 3 beets, roasted
- ½ head of purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 leeks, roughly diced
- 2 celery stalks, roughly diced
- 2 carrots, roughly diced
- 1 potato, roughly cut
- 1 quart veggie or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Organic Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett Chopped Onion
- Microgreens and creme fraiche for garnish
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 375F.
Clean the beets, drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper. Wrap in tin foil and roast for 1-1.5 hrs until they are fork tender. Roughly chop 2 beets and set aside. Slice the 3rd beet for garnish.
In a pan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmery. Add in onion powder, garlic powder, leeks, celery, and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add in the potatoes, cabbage, the 2 chopped beets, and apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour 2 cups of the stock into the veggie mixture, bring to a simmer, and then turn the heat down to medium. Simmer until veggies are cooked through.
In a blender, pour in 1 cup of stock and then carefully spoon in the veggie mixture. Blend until smooth. For a silkier texture, pour through a fine meshed strainer.
Garnish with a dollop of creme fraiche, micro greens, a drizzle of olive oil, the remaining chopped beet, and a heap of the crispy chopped onion for crunch. Enjoy!