Roasted Asparagus with Spice-Infused Oil
- 1 ½ cups of neutral cooking oil like vegetable, avocado or grapeseed
- 3 Morton & Bassett Star Anise
- 4 Morton & Bassett Whole Cloves
- 2 Morton & Bassett Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Morton & Bassett Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Coriander Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett Rainbow Peppercorns
- Peel from one orange or lemon
- ½ a shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Add all of the spices, ½ of a shallot, and 2 cloves of garlic to the oil and heat over medium high until small bubbles form. Bring the oil down to a low simmer and keep on the heat for another 3-5 minutes. If the garlic and the shallot are becoming too brown, remove from the heat. Carefully run through a fine meshed sieve or cheesecloth. Set aside and prepare your asparagus.
Wash and trim the woody bottom of the asparagus.
On a prepared baking sheet, drizzle 4 tablespoons of your infused oil to coat the asparagus. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Roast asparagus for 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness. For thinner, try roasting for 7-10 minutes. Cook until fork tender.
Store leftover infused oil in the fridge for up to a month. Substitute in for oils when cooking or use as a flavor boost to finish dishes!