- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups peeled seeded & chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett chopped garlic
- salt, to taste
- Morton & Bassett cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 2 Morton & Bassett bay leaves
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 tablespoons flour, mixed with
- 1/4 cup cold water
- spice essence
- 6 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Morton & Bassett garlic granulated with parsley
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett toasted onion
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett oregano
- 1 tablespoon Morton & Bassett thyme
In a large saute pan, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, saute for 2-3 minutes.
Season with salt and cayenne. Stir in the peppers and celery. Saute for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables start to wilt.
Stir in the tomatoes and garlic, saute for 2 minutes longer. Season the vegetables with salt and cayenne.
Stir in the water and bay leaves. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the shrimp and saute for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the flour mixture and simmer for 2 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken. Stir in the green onions. Check the seasoning.
To assemble, mound the rice in the center of each plate. Spoon the Shrimp Creole over the rice. Garnish with green onions.
For the Essence: Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in airtight jar or container