Mort’s Pumpkin Pie
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Morton & Bassett Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Morton and Bassett Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Ground Cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Morton & Bassett Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/1/4 cups whole milk
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Stir together flour, sugar, and salt in a 9" pie pan; make a well in the center. Pour oil and milk into the well, then mix with a fork until a dough forms. Use your hands to press mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of pan. Crimp the edge of crust.
Stir together white sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl; set aside. Whisk together pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and milk in separate bowl until evenly blended. Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients and stir until fully blended. Pour into crust and place on a cookie sheet in the oven.
Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. The center may still wiggle a bit, but will firm up out of the oven. Cool on a metal rack.